Search Engine Optimisation Terms of Service
Last update: 1 June 2019
If you have accepted a proposal from us (Proposal) or have otherwise engaged us to undertake search engine optimisation (SEO) services on your behalf the following terms will apply.
The SEO services will apply to the website identified in the Proposal (Your Website) and the agreed purpose of the SEO services is to provide Your Website with:
- increased exposure and improved ranking in search engines designed; and
- targeted online traffic.
The total fee and method of payment for the SEO services is contained in the Proposal.
By accepting, or continuing to accept, SEO services from us in accordance with the Proposal, or otherwise, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by and to comply with these terms.
The SEO Services to be provided are included in the Proposal, common services include (but are not limited to):
- Researching keywords and phrases to select appropriate relevant target search terms.
- Obtaining “back links” from other related websites and directories in order to generate link popularity and traffic.
- Editing and/or optimisation of text on Your Website for various html tags, meta data, page titles, and page text as necessary.
- Analysis and recommendations on optimal structure for Your Website, navigation, code, etc. for best SEO purposes.
- Recommendations, as required, regarding additional web pages or content.
- Creation of traffic and ranking reports for specified sections of Your Website (as agreed)and any associated pages showing rankings in the major search engines.
You agree to provide the following in a timely manner:
- Administrative/backend access to Your Website for analysis of content and structure.
- Permission to make changes for the purpose of optimisation, and to communicate directly with any third parties, e.g., your web designer, if necessary.
- Unlimited access to existing website traffic statistics for analysis and tracking purposes.
- An email address, connected to your domain, for the purposes of requesting links (something like [email protected])
- Authorization to use client pictures, logos, trademarks, web site images, pamphlets, content, etc., for any use as deemed necessary for SEO purposes.
- If Your website is lacking in textual content, you will provide additional text content in electronic format for the purpose of creating additional or richer web pages.
You acknowledge the following with respect to SEO services:
- All fees are non-refundable.
- All fees, services, documents, recommendations, and reports are confidential.
- We have no control over the policies of search engines with respect to the type of sites and/or content that they accept now or in the future. Your website may be excluded from any directory or search engine at any time at the sole discretion of the search engine or directory.
- Due to the competitiveness of some keywords/phrases, ongoing changes in search engine ranking algorithms, and other competitive factors, we cannot guarantee #1 positions or consistent top 10 positions for any particular keyword/s, phrase, or search term. However, using SEO best practices we aim to increase traffic to the Your Website after three months of services.
- Google has been known to hinder the rankings of new websites (or pages) until they have proven their viability to exist for more than “x” amount of time. We assume no liability for ranking, traffic, indexing issues related to such penalties. You acknowledge that ranking new websites is much more difficult than ranking old and established sites and you have realistic expectations about rankings, traffic and revenues.
- Occasionally, search engines will drop listings for no apparent or predictable reason. Often, the listing will reappear without any additional SEO.
- You are responsible for all paid for inclusion or expedited service fees where search directories offer expedited listing services.
- Linking to “bad neighborhoods” or getting links from “link farms” can seriously damage all SEO efforts. We do not assume liability for your choice to link to or obtain a link from any particular website without prior consultation.
We are not responsible for:
- changes made to Your Website by other parties that adversely affect the search engine rankings.
- you or your webmaster overwriting SEO work to Your Website. (e.g uploading over work already provided/optimized).
You will be charged an additional fee for re-constructing content, based on an agreed hourly rate.
Despite any other provision of these terms, our obligation to provide SEO services shall cease if your conduct or your contractors overwrite the SEO services provided and agreement on the cost of remediation cannot be reached. For example, if your webmaster uploads content without consulting us.
Additional services not outlined in the Proposal (such as managing pay-per click campaigns, copywriting, etc.) can be provided for a fee following acceptance of a separate proposal.
You guarantee any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork provided to us for inclusion on Your Website are owned by you, or that you have received permission from the rightful owner(s) to use each of the elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend us and our subcontractors from any liability or suit arising from the use of such elements.