Last update: 4 May 2021
We are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and this policy outlines how we collect, use, disclose, manage and handle the personal information provided by you through this Website.
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to best practice privacy protection and we will do our best to protect your personal information if you share it with us. We collect personal information on our website to enable us to provide you with our services.
Lift Legal does not sell or share your personal information.
If you do not wish to communicate your personal details to us via our website, please contact us on 0407 018 109.
What is personal information?
The information about you which we may collect includes:
- when you register or contact us via an online contact form, which may include personal information such as your name and contact details;
- electronic forms, messages or comments you submit via the Website.
You may browse the Website without providing any personal information, however we may not be able to provide the full range of services through this Website if we are not provided with the information outlined above.
We may also collect aggregated information which tells us about visitors to the Website but not the identity of those visitors. For example, we may collect information about the date, time and duration of visits and which pages of the Website are most commonly accessed. This information is used by us to help to administer and improve the Website.
Like many major websites, the Website may use “cookies” which store some information on computers accessing the Website.
With most Internet browsers, users can erase cookies from their computer’s hard drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. However, some parts of this Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
Use and disclosure of information
In addition to providing our services to you, we may use or disclose personal information that we collect about you:
- to provide you with promotional information in accordance with privacy laws – about our products and services;
- for administrative purposes including research, planning, service development, security and risk management;
- where a third party acquires or wishes to acquire, or makes inquiries in relation to acquiring, an interest in Lift Legal; or
- to the extent that we are required or authorised by law to do so.
We may use and disclose aggregated non-personally identifying information collected through this Website as part of our process of constantly improving the Website.
How we handle email and “Contact Us” messages
This Website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations which may be of interest to visitors. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy policies.